Travel Happy Travel Writing How to Make Money with Your Travel Blog
If you’re interested in earning money from your travel blog while you’re travelling, Nomadic Matt’s ebook How to Make Money With Your Travel Blog is a good place to start to get real world examples of how to go about it
I’ve written previously about making money from your travel blog, and pointed out that it’s not a quick or easy way to make money while you’re travelling — however, if you love writing about your travels and are willing to persevere with building up your travel blog even when it’s not earning money, then you may well be rewarded for your efforts down the line.
Nomadic Matt (aka Matt Kepnes) has been travelling and blogging for a couple of years now and in that time has learnt a lot about travel blogging and how to make money from it. His recently published ebook How to Make Money with Your Travel Blog gives a complete, real-world account of how he now earns a monthly four figure income from his travel blogs.
The ebook is well written and gives a step by step guide to how you should go about setting up your travel blog. Here’s the summary of what it covers:
- 1. Starting a Blog- Basic but necessary information about picking a niche (what are you an expert in?), choosing what kind of travel blog to have (there is more than one), and the number of websites to run.
- 2. Installing Your Blog- All about choosing the right website name, picking a WordPress theme, and installing SEO plugins.
- 3. Getting Traffic- How to use sites like Stumble Upon, gain followers, find other bloggers, and use Twitter and Facebook to your advantage to build a community around your blog.
- 4. Search Engine Optimization- Detailed information about SEO, how it works, site optimization, link building, and where to find those valuable links.
- 5. Monetizing Your Blog- Covers the main types of advertising, which work best for different sites, how much to charge, and where to find willing advertisers.
- 6. Putting it All Together- What to expect from all of this and how to best utilize your time.
Certainly you can find all of this information online if you hunt around long enough, but having it all together in one place and specifically written about how it applies to travel blogs makes it a huge timesaver, plus Matt provides an easy to follow routemap about what you need to do to get your blog off the ground. There are no shortcuts to making a travel blog successful, but Matt’s How To Make Money With Your Travel Blog helps minimize false starts along the way.
How Matt has gone about earning money from his travel blogs is just one of the many ways of making money online. There are many different ways to earn money from blogging, but having Matt’s detailed and practical description of how he did it should prove useful and inspirational to other travel bloggers as one possible path of what’s achievable by travel blogging. (You might find my own article about making money from your travel blog useful too).
Perhaps the most important lesson in Matt’s ebook beyond the practical how-to info is the advice to plan what you’re doing from the start. If you don’t have a plan, you can’t build your blog properly in order to eventually make money from it. (Well, you can, but you are making your life much more difficult by not planning from the beginning). If you’re serious about starting and making money from a travel blog, Matt’s ebook How To Make Money With Your Travel Blog is a great place to start.
You can buy How to Make Money with Your Travel Blog online for $US 27 – it’s an ebook, so you will be able to download and have instant access to it once you’ve purchased it.