What dates does the Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan, Thailand fall on during 2018? Get the info here, plus tips on making the most of the Full Moon Party
Full Moon Party, Koh Phangan: 2018 Dates
May 2018: 30 May 2018
June 2018: 27 June 2018
July 2018: 29 July 2018
August 2018: 26 August 2018
September 2018: 24 September 2018
October 2018: 25 October 2018
November 2018: 22 November 2018
December 2018: 22 December 2018
Christmas Day 2018: 25 December 2018
New Years Eve 2018: 31 December 2018
Check Koh Phangan Accommodation Availability
- Check Koh Phangan hotel availability on Agoda.com
Recommended Koh Phangan Hotels (by previous guests) for the Full Moon Party
Pay attention to guest reviews to get a feel for how easy it is to get from the hotel to the Full Moon Party, whether you can actually sleep due to noise levels and the general level of cleanliness.
Power Beach Resort – runs a shuttle to the party.
Be careful of places like the Drop Inn – the guest reviews have to be read to be believed :)
How To Get To Koh Phangan
Book Bus And Ferry Tickets Online:
You can check Koh Phangan bus and ferry times and exact prices as well as booking tickets online at useful ticket site 12go.asia
Bus and Ferry: Get the bus and ferry from Bangkok – any travel agent can organise a joint ticket for you.
Train and Ferry: Alternatively catch the train from Bangkok to Surat Thani, then catch the ferry from Surat to Koh Phangan
Flight and Ferry:
You can fly from Bangkok or Phuket to Koh Samui with Bangkok Airways and catch a Lomprayah Ferry from Samui to Koh Phangan. Check Skyscanner for current prices and timings. This is the quickest and most expensive way to do it.
Alternatively, Nok Air offer flights and a ferry transfer from Don Muang Airport in Bangkok to Koh Phangan via Surat Thani. See Skyscanner for current prices and timings.
The flight is not direct (there is no airport on Koh Phangan) – the plane flies to Surat Thani and then passengers are transferred by coach to the ferry pier and taken by Lomprayah high speed catamaran to Koh Phangan. Lomprayah is the fastest way to get out to Koh Phangan. The other advantage is that passengers don’t have to worry about buying separate flight and ferry tickets and making connections between the different modes of transport – the Nok Air flight takes care of all of that automatically. Not that Nok Air flights depart from Don Muang and NOT Suvarnabhumi where all international and most domestic flights depart from, so watch out for that).
Ferry From Koh Tao
If you’re already out on the islands, you can also catch a Lomprayah ferry from Koh Tao to Koh Phangan – there are several other ferry services too, although Lomprayah is the quickest.
Tips To Fully Enjoy The Full Moon Party
- Book WELL in advance – for Christmas and New Year, this can be 4 or 5 months ahead if you don’t want to pay over 1000 Baht a night
- Check for stipulations about staying a minimum number of nights – some guesthouses insist on staying a minimum of 4 or 5 nights over the Full Moon Party period
- Check well in advance as well for flights to Koh Phangan with Bangkok Airways and Nok Air if you wish to fly
- Decide if you want to be right in the thick of it for the Full Moon Party or be able to escape the noise of the party eventually
- Read the hotel reviews carefully from previous guests to get a sense of where you’ll be staying and the logistics of getting to / from the party
- Do not buy drugs – thanks to the Full Moon Party’s notorious reputation, Thai police have a strong presence at the party and cracked down harshly on anyone caught in possession of drugs.
- Try to go easy on the booze – buckets of Sangsom (Thai whiskey) are tasty and deceptively strong. Avoid peaking too early if you want to enjoy the whole night
- Stow your valuables at your accommodation – try to minimise what valuables you bring if you’re not staying at a decent hotel
- Keep a copy of your passport and stash away the real thing in the hotel safe
- Remember where your hotel is – a map, contact details and GPS location on your phone could help avoid comedy blundering around when you finally want to crash
- Keep your cash in different places on you – don’t stash everything in one wallet, purse etc just in case you lose it