Bangkok has excellent accommodation options that won’t break the bank – see our hand-picked list of the best cheap hotels in Bangkok for a budget stay in the city.
In this guide, we’ll list some of the best cheap hotels in Bangkok, ranging from cheap and simple Khao San Road rooms to budget hotels in higher-end, central areas such as Silom, Sukhumvit and Riverside.
Most of the hotels on our list are available for less than 1,500 baht per night, although prices can be slightly higher during the high season. Instead of just focusing on the cheapest hotels, we’ve featured hotels that score high in real user reviews while still offering excellent value for money.
Best Cheap Hotels In Khao San Road
Let’s begin with Bangkok’s capital of low-cost accommodation, Khao San Road. Famous for its great selection of cheap hotels, Khao San Road has a good variety of budget hotels priced well under 1,500 baht per night:
- Rambuttri House. One of the better ultra-budget hotels near Khao San Road, Rambuttri House offers small but clean rooms just two minutes away from Khao San. Note that the location means this hotel can get quite noisy at night due to nearby pubs.
- Baan Dinso. This cheap and simple guesthouse is a 5-10 minute walk from Khao San Road itself, making it a great option if you want peace and quiet. Rooms are small and have shared bathrooms but offer great value for money.
- Adamaz House. Another option less than 10 minutes from Khao San Road, Adamaz House has comfortable twin and double rooms with private bathrooms, free WiFi and high quality bedding for very affordable rates.
- The Secret Service Hotel. Located just north of Khao San Road on Thanon Tani, The Secret Service Hotel offers clean and well maintained bunk beds and double rooms at reasonable prices.
- Buddy Boutique Inn. Just around the corner from Khao San Road on Chakrapong Road, Buddy Boutique Inn has modern, minimalistic rooms available at reasonable prices, with useful amenities like free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
Best Cheap Hotels In Sukhumvit
Rising real estate prices and demand mean Sukhumvit is a tough place to find cheap hotels and guesthouses. Luckily, there are still a few budget options available, ranging from hostels to small but affordable hotel rooms:
- THA City Loft Hotel. Located in the upmarket residential neighbourhood of Ekkamai, this small hotel has a great selection of comfortable, clean and modern rooms priced very fairly. There’s even a free shuttle to the nearest BTS station.
- Check Inn Phromphong. This budget hotel has cosy but clean and modern rooms priced very affordably. Located on Sukhumvit Soi 41, it’s a short walk from the hotel to The Emporium, EmQuartier and other high-end shopping malls.
- Thee Bangkok Hotel. Located on Sukhumvit Soi 20, Thee Bangkok Hotel has small modern rooms priced with budget travellers in mind. Rooms here are clean and cosy, with a great location close to Asoke BTS station and Sukhumvit MRT station.
- Sakura Sky Residence. Need a really cheap bed for the night? This capsule hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 33 offers some of the cheapest beds in town, albeit inside a 2.2 square metre capsule. A good option if you just need a cheap place to stay for the night.
- Cazz Hostel. This hostel near Phra Khanong station has bunk beds and private rooms at seriously economical priced. If you don’t mind a cramped sleeping space (even the private rooms are only 6.5 square metres) it’s hard to beat the value on offer here.
Best Cheap Hotels In Silom/Sathorn
Like Sukhumvit, Silom isn’t the best place in Bangkok to find cheap hotels. However, there are still options available for people visiting Bangkok on a budget:
- The Cube Hostel. This budget hostel on Saladang Road has capsule beds and bunks priced well below 500 baht per night. A good option if you want to be close to the BTS Skytrain station at Sala Daeng.
- Glitz Hotel. Located on Surawong Road, this three star budget hotel is a short walk away from Sala Daeng BTS station and close to some of Silom’s most popular cafÃ©s, bars and restaurants.
- Kokotel Bangkok Surawong. This three star hotel on Surawong Road has double rooms available for very reasonable prices, with modern furniture and free WiFi for guests. A good choice if you’re looking for a clean, new and affordable hotel.
- iCheck Inn Silom. Located on Silom Soi 28, this three star hotel is a short walk from Surasak BTS station. Rooms are clean, modern and spacious, making this one of the best choices in the area if you’re travelling on a budget.
- Lub d Bangkok Silom Hostel. This modern hostel offers extremely affordable dorm beds, as well as private double rooms. You can even book an entire dorm room with space for eight people, making this a great option for large groups.
Best Cheap Hotels in Bangkok Riverside
While the area around the Chao Phraya River is better known for its luxury hotels than its cheap and simple accommodation, there are several good budget hotels to choose from in this part of Bangkok:
- The House of Praya Jasaen. This conveniently located budget hotel offers some of the cheapest rooms close to the river, with tiny single rooms available from less than 1,000 baht per night. It’s a short walk from the hotel to Saphan Thaksin BTS station.
- Glur Bangkok Hostel. Clean, modern and affordable, this hostel offers bunk beds and private rooms at very good prices. The private rooms are duplex-style, with a raised bed area and plenty of storage space for backpacks and suitcases.
- Bossotel Hotel. Located close to the Mandarin Oriental, this three star hotel is slightly dated but offers clean, comfortable and convenient double rooms and suites at far better prices than other options in the area.
- MA Hotel Bangkok. Located five to 10 minutes from Saphan Taksin BTS station by taxi, this modern four star hotel has compact, clean rooms and a semi-indoor pool at rates to suit budget travellers.
- Loftel 22 Hostel. If public transport access isn’t a priority for you, this cheap and friendly hostel is a great budget accommodation option. Loftel 22 has some of the cheapest beds in town, as well as private rooms for couples and families.
Finally, if you’re looking to stay somewhere special without breaking the bank, check out my list of Bangkok boutique hotels for some beautiful heritage properties at reasonable prices.