Bangkok’s international airport has a wide choice of hotels nearby for passengers in transit, ranging from four star luxury to humble but warm guesthouses.
The obvious choice if you want a hotel near Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport is the Novotel Suvarnabhumi, which is situated within the airport grounds itself. There’s a 5 minute drive in a free shuttlebus from the Airport’s Arrivals section which runs every 10 minutes, and similarly to Departures too. The only problem with the Novotel is the price – it’s around $140 or more a night and while it’s an excellent four star hotel, you’re paying a distinct premium for the airport location. On the other hand, for convenience it can’t be beat.
UPDATE: As of November 2009, the Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel has opened, not quite as near as the Novotel but only 10 minutes drive or so. It also offers a free shuttle service – you’ll be met in Arrivals by the hotel staff – and it has some pretty good rates for its opening introductory offers. Check Agoda for current rates at the Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel.
There are several cheaper hotel options within 10 to 30 minutes drive from Suvarnabhumi Airport. You can read reviews of the hotels following the links below and book online.
- Grand Come Inn – 1750 Baht. Very close to the airport: 5 – 10 minutes drive.
- Queen’s Garden Resort – 850 Baht. Also very near to airport: 5 – 10 minutes drive. Some reviews say you can hear plane noise.
- Hotel Ibis Huamark Bangkok – 1250 Baht. Franchise of international brand, gets reasonable reviews. 20 – 30 mins from airport.
- The Park 9 – 1900 Baht. Newly opened resort, 30 mins from airport, gets rave reviews.
- Convenient Resort – 850 Baht. Very basic. Nearby to airport
- Avana – 1200 Baht. Gets mixed reviews of quality. 20 – 30 mins from airport.
- Floral Shire – 1200 Baht. Mixed reviews and considered quite pricey.
- 5 Rama-nine 54 – 200 Baht a night! Super basic but friendly guesthouse.
There’s an excellent map on the Agoda website as well showing the location of most of these hotels around Suvarnabhumi airport.
If you need day rooms at Suvarnabhumi Airport, the Novotel Suvarnabhumi offers them at quite expensive prices of around 2500 Baht for 4 hours. There is also the Louis Tavern dayrooms within Suvarnabhumi airport itself located on the Departures level (4th Floor) at the far end of Concourse G (see this Bangkok Airport map for reference). The Louis Tavern currently has no website. You can try this number +66 86 317 2211 to check for room availability. See also this discussion thread on FlyerTalk.
You can also book Bangkok hotels in the centre of the city too – have a read of Best Cheap Hotels in Bangkok if you’re looking for something around Khao San Road, or Boutique Hotels in Bangkok if you want something unique. Check Skyscannerfor the cheapest flights to Bangkok.